Green Event Certification encourages, recognizes and celebrates the voluntary sustainable efforts that event organizers take to reduce the environmental, social and financial costs of their event. It also creates an opportunity to inform and engage event attendees in sustainable practices.
- Use our Green Event Planning Checklist to obtain tips and ideas on how to plan your event.
- It’s easy to certify your event. Complete the online survey prior to your event if possible (though afterward is still ok!).
- Serving food? Refer to the Yale Healthy Meeting Guidelines for suggestions on healthy and green choices.
Green Workplace Certification is designed to educate and encourage sustainable practices in the workplace. The checklist offers action items that promote environmental, health and financial vitality. We hope it inspires you to develop creative solutions to sustainability challenges in your workplace.
Follow these 3 easy steps to earn your Green Workplace certification:
- Define your workplace. A workplace can be a contiguous group of offices that share a common area or it can be a group of staff members working together as a unit but located in separate spaces.
- Email the checklist to the Office of Sustainability. We’ll review your submission and send you your certificate!
Yale Green Labs Certification is managed through Environmental Health and Safety. The program offers four levels of achievement (Y – A – L – E). Participating labs perform a self-assessment and earn points for successfully adopting and verifying sustainable laboratory practices.
The Green Team Certification Program encourages Yale athletic teams to integrate sustainability into their team culture and everyday practices. Participating teams earn points for taking actions such as recycling, conserving energy, donating old clothing and equipment, and taking part in sustainable service projects. At the end of each semester, the top performing teams are recognized and rewarded.
If you are part of a club or varsity athletic team at Yale and would like to get involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.