Please see below for sustainability-related job openings at Yale University.
Urban Sustainability Program Manager
SSC Team Member
The Yale Office of Sustainability is seeking a team of students to identify and collect sustainability metrics on campus and implement changes based on these findings. Students will lead surveys that assess on-campus energy usage and conduct waste stream analyses of Yale facilities. These positions will work to improve understanding of resource recovery amongst Yale students and staff and will seek to identify energy savings for the university. Students will be trained on proper diversion procedures for organics and recycling as well as how to conduct energy surveys of campus buildings.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Attending training sessions on energy management and waste diversion
- Surveying campus buildings for energy use and waste infrastructure to improve energy efficiency and proper recycling and composting behaviors
- Conducting waste stream analyses of waste streams on campus
- Creating, manifesting, and staffing creative projects to raise awareness about energy and materials use
- Providing support and collaborating with other operations and sustainability-focused students and staff on campus.
Ideal candidates will be passionate about spreading sustainability on campus and getting their peers engaged with the issues at hand. Candidates should be energetic and creative, have strong communication skills, and be able to work well independently and as part of a team. Familiarity with sustainability – particularly at Yale – preferred but not necessary. Applicants should submit a resume and brief (1 page max) cover letter that describes qualifications for the position and includes one innovative campaign idea about any area of sustainability on campus to email@example.com.