Please see below for sustainability-related job openings at Yale University.
2020-2021 Sustainable Transportation Fellow
The Yale Office of Sustainability strives to advance sustainability within the Yale community by acting as a catalyst for information exchange and facilitating capacity building, innovation, streamlined operations, and preparation of tomorrow’s sustainability leaders.
The office is seeking a full-time fellow to join our team in the implementation of the Yale Sustainability Plan 2025. This fellowship is designed to provide a recent graduate with an opportunity to deepen their knowledge of how sustainability is integrated into the culture of the university, as well as its academic offerings. The Fellow will work closely with the staff members of the Office of Sustainability as well as faculty, staff and students across the university and in the surrounding community.
This is a position with an hourly wage, but no benefits. It is intended to be a one-year position with a strong emphasis on learning and gaining skills.
Yale is working to enhance its campus for those who enjoy biking and walking. The Fellow will support this work by evaluating and improving Yale’s bike share program and working to support bicycle infrastructure and develop resources and benefits for sustainable modes of transit. The position will also support data management and reporting around sustainable transportation as well as developing and enhancing a robust set of communications and outreach materials about sustainable transportation, as well as other responsibilities as needed.
- Superior writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management skills and proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Exceptional administrative, planning, organizational and project management skills.
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse constituency, including staff, students, faculty, and other community members in various types of work environments.
- Event planning experience a plus.
This position is open to 2020 and 2019 undergraduate- and masters-level graduates. To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received by May 31 will be prioritized.