Please see below for sustainability-related job openings at Yale University.
Sustainability Communications Manager
The Sustainability Communications Manager develops and executes internal and external communications, web and social media strategies, and plans and implements campus-wide events for the Office of Sustainability. This position collaborates with Yale’s network of communications professionals, campus partners, operational green teams, and community organizations on sustainability-related programs, communications, and events.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develops strong, collaborative relationships with faculty, staff, students, alumni, and external constituents, and serves as a representative of the Office of Sustainability
- Manages the creation and distribution of all print and electronic materials, including but not limited to:
- E-newsletters targeted to students, faculty, staff, and alumni
- Articles, blog posts, and explainers on various sustainability topics
- Social media postings and conversations on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Event announcements, invitations, programs, and signage
- Office of Sustainability website and other sustainability-related web content as necessary
- Periodic publications for a broader audience of alumni and community members
- Photo and publication archives
- Annual reports, as needed
- Manages projects and efforts of communications interns and freelance staff, as needed
- Analyzes social media and website metrics for continuous improvement
- Coordinates large and small-scale events, including week-long activities in the fall and spring. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- compiling and vetting potential speakers
- leading planning meetings
- developing and adhering to event production and promotion timelines
- evaluating and booking venues.
- Manages inquiries and correspondence from internal and external constituents
- Responsibilities may include developing and managing engagement platforms to educate and energize green team members, coordinating regular reporting on goals, and supporting programming and communications amongst interest groups
- Updates and manages an employee engagement strategy for administrative units.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and two years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Experience and Skills
Experience with social media marketing, including multiple accounts and multiple platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), knowledge of best practices, managing institutional accounts, experience using social media scheduling and tracking (Hootsuite or similar).
Experience managing website content updates (adding content, photos, videos, troubleshooting, formatting content for different platforms).
Experience using analytics (Google or similar) to generate reports on web and social media activity.
Experience with photography, videography, and video editing expertise.
Proficiency and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (preferably InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
Experience with event management (virtual and in-person).
Skills & Abilities
Excellent writing skills. Experience writing for print and web search engine optimization.
Demonstrated ability managing social media platforms and campaigns and experience with website management (Drupal or other website management platform).
Strong interpersonal communications skills.
Strong time management skills and proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
Exceptional administrative, planning, organizational and project management skills.
Proven ability to organize and to manage multiple tasks efficiently and with attention to detail.
Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse constituency, including staff, students, faculty, and other community members.
Only applications that are submitted through the Yale HR website will be considered. This position will be open until it is filled, but candidates should apply through the Yale HR website using requisition # 67498BR.
Find more details on the position and application instructions on Yale Student Employment.
Waste Outreach and Engagement Team
The Office of Sustainability seeks a team of two students to assist with developing waste reduction communications tailored to the Yale undergraduate student community. Reporting to the Chief Manager for Sustainability Operations & Strategic Data, the responsibilities of the Waste and Outreach and Engagement Team will include:
- Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the waste and recycling infrastructure practices at Yale, as well as the nuances and challenges
- Developing a strategy for engaging the undergraduate students in new and creative ways (including but not limited social media, multimedia, typographical visuals/illustrations) to improve awareness around sustainable disposal behaviors
This position is open to undergraduate, graduate and professional school students. The ideal candidates for this position are self-starters who are comfortable “thinking outside the box,” and who have familiarity in communications, outreach, and community-based social marketing strategies. Design experience, comfort with graphic design programs, and experience with social media and digital video are preferred. Familiarity with and passion for sustainability and waste reduction – particularly at Yale – is preferred. Candidates should have a keen eye toward a clean, professional visual styling and be clear and punctual communicators who are attentive to deadlines.