We find food at Yale to be as beautiful as it is delicious. Click the photos below to learn more about Yale’s sustainable food champions on and off campus.
How You Can Contribute
- Buy local, eat seasonal
- Educate yourself through experience, or through study
- Cut food waste, and store food properly
- Replace animal proteins with veggie sources
- If you have a Yale ID, experience the dining halls and see what they do
- Check out the Yale Sustainable Food Program’s Podcast series for discussions on nutrition, environmental stewardship, and more!
- Water Footprint Network has a great gallery which shows how much water is used to generate a wide range of products, from pizza to coffee.
- Flip through the American Heart Association’s Healthy Workplace Food and Beverage Toolkit for information on how to encourage healthy diets.