Take urgent action to mitigate climate change and proactively adapt to its impacts
Achieve carbon neutrality for Yale University by or before 2050.
- By 2020, meet or exceed the 2005 commitment to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 43% below 2005 levels.
- By 2019, develop a strategy to achieve carbon neutrality by or before 2050.
- By 2020, develop a program and related technology to account for, reduce, and offset emissions from university events and travel to position Yale to set a Scope 3 emissions reduction commitment.
Mitigation and Adaptation
Develop, test, and share climate change mitigation and adaptation strategies in support of overall regional resilience.
- By 2019, create a campus resilience plan that aligns with local and regional adaptation approaches for resiliency.
Incorporate the risks and opportunities associated with climate change and possible governmental responses to climate change in the evaluation of investment opportunities.
- Encourage Yale’s external investment managers to consider the risks and opportunities associated with climate change in their investment processes with respect to Yale’s portfolio.